Lata Mangeshkar Biography: India’s Bollywood nightingale, the queen of melody, Lata Mangeshkar who is such a playback singer in India whose voice is considered so melodious that even scientists have researched that she can someone sing so melodious. This is very special for India, she has sung 40 thousand songs in different languages so far, her name has made a world record for singing the most songs so far.
She has so far received many prestigious awards including Bharat Ratna, Padma Vibhushan, Dadasaheb Phalke Award, Special Life Achievement Award. In today’s post, we are going to tell about her personality and life.
BIOGRAPHY OF Lata Mangeshkar (WIKI, AGE, AND FAMILY)
India has been given many such musicians and musicians who have raised India’s name not only at the national level but also at the international level. The name of the greatest and best musician among them is that of Lata Mangeshkar.
Lata Ji is also a music director, But today we want you to know about Lata Ji and her complete biography.
|Real Name||Lata Mangeshkar|
|Nick Name||The Nightingale of Bollywood|
|Date of Birth||Indore|
|Net Worth||₹112 Crore|
Early Life and family of Lata Mangeshkar
1929 was the year when Lata Mangeshkar was born. Lata Mangeshkar Ji was born in the house of Pandit Deenanath Mangeshkar, who was her father. He was a Marathi and Konkani musician, her wife’s name was Shevanti, and Lata Ji was their eldest daughter. Lata Ji was born in the princely state of Indore, which is located in present-day Madhya Pradesh.
Lata Mangeshkar’s father Dinanath Mangeshkar was a classical singer. Lata Mangeshkar’s mother’s name was Shevanti, whose name was later changed to Sudhamati. Dinanath’s first wife’s name was Narmada and she was Shevanti’s elder sister.
Lata Mangeshkar had 4 siblings out of which she was the eldest and their names are Meena Khadikar, Asha Bhosle, Usha Mangeshkar, and Hridaynath Mangeshkar among which Hridaynath Mangeshkar is male and the rest are female.
The identity of Dinanath’s family was related to her native city of Mangeshi that’s why in Goa she kept her surname as Mangeshkar. And at the same time, Lata Ji’s childhood name was named Hema, and later she was named Lata after Latika, the female character of ‘Ek Bhava Bandhan.’
Lata Mangeshkar received music education from her father. She was a famous artist in music and theatre. Lata ji started taking music lessons from the young age of five.
Lata Mangeshkar’s father died in 1942 when Lata Mangeshkar was only 13 years old. And after his death, Vinayak Damodar Karnataki, owner of ‘Navyug Chitrapat Film Company’, took care of the Mangeshkar family and helped Latha Ji to start her singing and actress career.
Lata Mangeshkar’s Husband
This is a fact and a coincidence that a famous singer is not married yet. So, there arises no probability of having a husband.
Lata Mangeshkar’s career
Lata Mangeshkar Ji first gave the Hindi song “Mata Ek Saput Ki Duniya Badal De Tu” for the Marathi film Gajbhau in 1946.
In 1948, Ghulam Haider gave the first big break to Lata Ji in the film “Majboor Mein”, where she supported Nazim Panipati in the song “Dil Mera Toda Mujhe Kahin Ka Na Chhoda” and that was her first most successful film. She also announced on her 84th birthday in 2013 that Ghulam Haider was actually her godfather, she showed so much faith in my talent and she was my first music director.
Now if we tell you about the songs of Lata Mangeshkar Ji, then this series will be very long because Lata Mangeshkar Ji has sung more than 1000 Hindi songs and from 1945 to 2009, Lata Mangeshkar Ji sang more than 5000 songs.
Read | Kylie Jenner Biography
Lata Mangeshkar’s Physical Appearance
|Body colour||Indian reddish white|
Achievements and Awards of Lata Mangeshkar
The list of all the awards received by Lata Mangeshkar during her lifetime is also very long. About which we will tell you today-
Her beginnings were in the year 1966 when she first received the Best Female Playback Singer award for Saadi Mansa.
- She received the Padma Bhushan in 1969 as a national award.
- After this, she got the award for Best Playback Singer for Jait Re Jait in 1970 itself.
- She received the Maharashtra Bhushan Award in 1997.
- Received Maharashtra Ratna Award for the month 2001.
- 1989 was the year when she received the Dadasaheb Phalke Award.
- Received Padma Vibhushan in 1999 and Bharat Ratna in 2001.
- In 2008, she received the One Time Award for Life Time Achievement.
- She also won Maharashtra State Film Awards
National Film Awards
- The first award was received in 1972, which was the National Film Award for Best Female Playback Singer for the film “Parichay”.
- She received the Best Female Playback Singer Award in 1974 for the film “Kora Kagaz”.
- Even after this, she won the National Film Award for Best Playback Singer Award in 1990 for the film “Lekin”.
- After this, if we talk about Filmfare Award, then she got her first Filmfare Award-
- Won in 1959 for the song “Aaja Re Pardesi”.
- This Award was followed by the Filmfare Award for “Kahin Deep Jale Kahin Dil” in 1963.
- In 1966, she received the Filmfare Award for “Tumhi Mere Mandir Tumhi Meri Puja”.
- In 1970, she received the Filmfare Award for the song “Aap Mujhe Achhe Lagne Lage”.
- In 1993, she received the Filmfare Life Time Achievement Award.
- In 1994, she received a special award for the song “Didi Tera Devar Deewana”.
- In the year 2000, she received the Life Time Achievement Award from IIFA.
- In 2004, Lata Ji received a special award in which she completed 50 years of her Filmfare Award.
Apart from this, if we start giving you the list of all the awards won and received by Lata Ji, then this list will also become very long. Lata ji has won more than 200 awards in her lifetime. Along with this, Lata Mangeshkar Ji has given her voice in more than 5000 songs in her lifetime, which has been sung in 36 languages in total. Even more than 1000 songs were in the Hindi language only.
Lata Mangeshkar’s Net Worth
In the current year 2022, this superstar has an estimated money buildup of ₹112 crores, which is a solid example of hard work. In her adult life, she had earned by releasing songs and albums as well as some sponsorship.
In today’s article, we started a detailed study on Lata Mangeshkar Ji, who had sung many songs as an Indian singer. She is the most successful singer as well as the leader of achievements in order to complete any other singer. So, we had provided every possible made information so you may get more familiar with ‘nightingale of India’. Hope, we brought our best and stay tuned for our next article.
Read | Allu Arjun Biography
Read| Pratibha Joshi Biography
Read | Simpal Kharel Biography